Questions you should ask a contractor:
- Are you insured through WSIB? Can I have a WSIB Clearance Certificate?
- Are you insured? Can I have a insurance clearance certificate?
- How much are you insured for?
- Are you certified?
Things you should know:
- If the tree is within proximately to hydro- Are you certified to work around hydro?
- What equipment will be used for the job?
- Will there be any damage done to the property?
- How will you access the tree?
- Am I allowed to photograph or videotape the work being done?
- Who do I pay?
- Do I have to put down a deposit?
- How long will it take to complete the job?
- Will I be notified before you come?
- During a tree risk assessment ask what can be done to save a tree? Or why does it need to be removed?